Things You Should Know about Ethiopian eVISA
Please refer the following requirements for Ethiopian eVISA.
- e-Visa application fees are not refundable
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date you intend to enter Ethiopia.
- A passport size photo and scanned copy of passport is required.
- Currently, we allow travelers with e-Visa to enter Ethiopia via Addis Ababa Bole International Airport. Entry via other ports of entry is not allowed.
- The validity of Ethiopian e-Visa starts from the date you intend to enter Ethiopia not from date of issue.
- Please carefully read and comply to the important notices and guidelines stated in each step of the application form.
- Nationals of African States who can’t make e-Visa payment online can apply online and make the payment on arrival at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport in cash.
Visa On Arrival
Tourist visa (valid for up to three months) can be issued on arrival at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport to nationals of the following countries and territories, or persons holding residence permits issued by these countries or territories
Applicants who claim to have permanent residence in one of the eligible countries are required to show valid residence permit document up on arrival.
Ethiopia has officially launched Visa-On-Arrival service for tourists from all African Union member states.
- Nationals of Africa Union member states can pay the visa fee in cash at Bole International Airport to get tourist visa.
- We encourage you to submit your visa applications online so that you will be notified of the status ahead of your travel and avoid inconveniences that might be created in case you are denied entry.
There are fraud websites which have similar look and feel with our official visa website. Please note that the Ethiopian Government doesn’t have any agreement with the owners of those websites. Any visa application submitted or payment made through these websites is not acceptable. Please do not submit visa application on www.ethiopiaevisa.com , www.ethiopiaonlinevisa.com , www.evisaforethiopia.com or others.
The Government of Ethiopia is not responsible for any payments made or for the inconveniences this might create on the applicants.