Ethiopian Airlines Flying with Pets Policy
What are the policies when traveling with pets on Ethiopian Airlines flights?
Traveling with pets is allowed on Ethiopian Airline flights as long as they follow with the airline’s rules and regulations: Ethiopian Airlines flights only accept Dogs and Cats to travel.
Ethiopian Airlines Pet Policy
As of July 09, 2019
- Pets (cats and dogs) as defined in current passenger tariffs, when in a container and accompanied by a passenger or shipped as Cargo, may be carried in cabin or baggage compartment.
- Ethiopian accepts Dog or Cat into the cabin with limited number per compartment(2 in Economy class and 1 in business class)with a box measuring dimensions not more than 55X40X20cms and does not exceed 8kgs including transport container.
- Dog or Cat contained in boxes larger than 55X40X20cms dimension, shall not be accepted in cabin and therefore shall be loaded in belly.
- Dogs trained to lead the seeing impaired (seeing-eye dogs), if accompanying a passenger who is dependent on the dog and if the dog is properly harnessed, and muzzled may be carried in the cabin on all Ethiopian Airlines passenger aircraft without charge. Such carriage is dependent on any local or governmental restrictions.
- Dogs trained to assist the deaf (hearing –ear dogs), if accompanying a passenger who is dependent on the dog and if the dog is properly harnessed, and muzzled may be carried in the cabin on all Ethiopian Airlines passenger aircraft without charge. Such carriage is dependent on any local or governmental restrictions and advance arrangements must be made before accepting hearing ear dog as PETC.
- Guide dogs and for blind and deaf that passengers depend on are transported free of charge on all Ethiopian flights and may also travel inside cabin. Please remember to notify us of your guide dog ahead of time
B. Procedure on carriage of pets
Ethiopian shall accept pets in the cabin on all Ethiopian Q-400 aircrafts.
- Q-400 Aircraft Pets in containers accompanied by passenger or shipped as cargo may be carried in the baggage compartment(s).
- Advance arrangements are required for pets in containers accompanied by passenger or shipped as cargo.
C. Booking Procedure
Detail of the type of pet and size of the container should be indicated during reservation.
D. Condition of Carriage
- Governmental restrictions regarding pet carriage and acceptance vary from country to country. Please contact your nearest Ethiopian Airlines office or your travel agent.
- In the event passenger and pet are making interline connections, the applicable regulation of the interlining carrier should be checked.
- The charge for pet in cabin/baggage compartment will be at excess baggage rates in accordance with current applicable tariffs, regardless of weight of other baggage.
Revised Pet Charges Effective for Sales and Travel – 09 July 2019 Until Further Notice For PET transported in Cabin with weight up to 8Kg including the cage 150 USD 120 EUR/110GBP/ per direction( for one way) For PET transported in hold ( pets that are more than 8KG up to 32kg ) 370 USD per direction( for one way) For ET codeshare flights the operating carrier rules shall apply.
From Germany the previous rate shall apply.
PET that is more than 32 KG shall be transported as cargo per cargo procedure
- Owner assumes all risk for injury sickness or death of any pet accepted for transportation, and assumes responsibility for compliance with all governmental regulations and restrictions. Ethiopian will not be responsible in the event that any pet is refused carriage into or through, any state, country or territory.
Ethiopian Travel Agency is a travel and tours agency with offices in Washington DC, Maryland, Virginia and Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Booking your flight, Find a perfect hotel room or Rental cars we can do it all. Contact us today.